Sunday, October 6, 2013

October


This past month has been so much fun with Z. She's really coming into her own and I can't wait to show her off. We've finally gotten a trailer, so the adventures will start soon! (Adventures primarily meaning learning to load into a two horse straight load with a ramp...) We've started riding outside more and she's starting to relax more and more into doing that. We have a few tentative shows that I'd like to hit before it gets entirely too cold. One is just a hunter show the end of this month to do the baby greens, and then we have a beach ride scheduled for the following weekend, and I think we may do our first unrecognized event either the next week or two weeks after. :) I'm so excited to get her out and show off what my little stang can really do. :)
Also, this may not seem like a huge thing to most people, but Z can canter now! I don't know what changed, whether it was her muscles or just her mental capacity, but she's finally totally cool with cantering. It's far from balanced, but we're getting there. I'm so happy with her. She's had a few "baby days" where she kind of reverts back, but she's absolutely phenomenal overall.
I'm going to try to keep everyone updated as I'm planning on getting her out as much as possible during the next few months and I know she'd love to meet her extended family and any fans. :)




Quick plug, if you have a facebook, head on over to "like" my training page at www.facebook.com/nicolebarbyehorses

No comments:

Post a Comment