Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 14

Oh my goodness. I can't believe we're this far along. Less than 30 days. When did we get here?
Anyway, life threw me a huge curveball two weeks ago when I got into a trailer accident with my other horse, my beloved Mia. I was fine, but she sustained injuries that ultimately led us to the decision to put her down. Needless to say, this threw me quite off track with Z. She, however, has been flawless. Maybe that's jinxing it, but she has so stepped up to the plate, trying to figure out her job and everything that's expected of her. She knows I've been upset, and she's been stellar about catering to me, rather than me always catering to her.
The ongoing joke at the farm now is that I have a defective mustang. LOL. She's half asleep all the time. That personality has let me do so much with her, even without seeing her every day the past few weeks.
Today was the biggest day so far! We rode! Well, kind of. Bekkah led Z around while I sat on her. But still! She's so amazing!! I could not be more proud of her, ever. It's surreal to think that I've done this; that I've taken her from wild to so sweet, loving, and calm. :)



Playing after a long day of work. (The first ride)

Being a dog, licking EVERYTHING.

The defective mustang. I never taught her to stand and let me walk away from her.

Mustang who? (This is all of her late sister's tack. <3 )

No comments:

Post a Comment