Thursday, July 25, 2013

Week 16

This week has been so amazing. Z has been consistently ridden, and learns new things so well every day. After we pulled her coggins on Tuesday, I had our vet check her teeth (like a CHAMP) and got the clear to start with a bit. First day with a bit we had awesome brakes and steering. I was shocked and she was amazing. :)
Yesterday we loaded up (for the first time) and she got right on the trailer. Like she had done it her whole life. I can't believe her sometimes. I was such a proud mustang mommy. We went, with Chaeli (and Tyler, lol) and Paisley to the DREAMpark to expose them to some off property surroundings. Z was not so sure about everything, but took it all in stride. That is, until some mysterious ghost popped out and scared the pants off her. It was the first really big spook she has ever done, especially under saddle. Needless to say, I ate dirt, in the most literal sense. Face first into the ground, lol. I have some gnarly scratches on my nose from dirt and my glasses, so wearing them should be fun today. :) Again, I was wearing my helmet, thank God. This horse truly loves to make her physical mark on e known to everyone. Hahahaha. Anyway, we never quite calmed down under saddle, so I just walked her once then got off and tried to get her focused on the ground. In her defense, this was only her second day with a bit, so I'm not surprised I couldn't get her back during her spook. We'll go back today and play on the ground some, since I don't trust my vision with no glasses. But I'm so excited (and nervous) for the makeover. Just over one more week. Oh goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment