Monday, August 5, 2013

Makeover Wrap-Up

First off, it's completely surreal that the competition has come and gone. Crazy, crazy, crazy. It was absolutely incredible to finally meet everyone and put faces to facebook names. :) I was so impressed with how everyone handled themselves and their horses regardless of how far they had come in training. This mustang community is one that I am completely blessed to be a part of.
So Z was perfect for me all weekend, granted she didn't know half the stuff I asked of her. She kept her head and didn't spook at hardly anything. By the last day, she was COMPLETELY done though, lol. She kept looking at me like "Mom. Take me home, let me eat grass and roll around." Honestly, though, what a professional little girl. In the pattern class on Saturday, we counted canter, but goodness did she trot around that ring like a little hunter princess. I was over the moon with her. She gave me her everything in anything I asked her to do. Everyone who came by her stall got a slice of her personality with her banging her buckets all hours of the day and night. For anyone who cares how we ended up, we were 19th overall (preliminary, obviously not going to the finals). 19TH. Could I possibly, in any way, have asked for something more from my little girl? Nope. Perfection. She was so respectful and tried her little heart out in that big scary ring with all the scary people.
For anyone who was still wondering, after all this, who got to take her home, it was ME. She was a little grump during the auction, but it worked for us. The auctioneer asked us to ride around and what did my stinker do? Took off bucking like a crazy horse. She was so done with me being on her, but people still wanted her. I mean, who wouldn't, she's gorgeous, feisty, smart, and a ham on the ground. :) but yep, she's with me forever now.
That leads me to my next point. I've had such an overwhelming response to this blog that I've been considering continuing it as a sporadic update blog on the stang girl. What do you guys think? Is it something y'all would be interested in? I mean, I really want to kind of make Z an unofficial mustang representative in the area, and I think this would be a good way for everyone to keep up with us. But it's up to anyone who reads this. Let me know. :)


Getting some love from passing children. <3













Lots of (happy) tears after the adoption.

3 comments:

  1. I say YES to continue. I love a good Stang story. This would be so great to see how the both of you are doing. Now that I met you both there is a total connection that I'd love to keep that way. It's the first for me to meet a mustang and see her grow. Your story telling is fun and so enjoyable. Please continue! Good luck with your girl. May you both have many happy and healthy years together.... Lots of luv from Long Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you should continue to write about your journey with Z... Especially since she is officially your girl... I will read it, and I am sure that I am not the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, def continue! ! I don't get Ty read the blogs very often but I do enjoy reading them when I can! ! Good job Nicole, she is a pretty one :-)

    ReplyDelete