Saturday, August 31, 2013

Quick update

So in case some of you didn't know, I've been out of commission for about a week and a half due to major jaw surgery. Bekkah has been awesome enough to work with Z a few times while I'm in recovery. Yesterday was the first day I got out to see her since the surgery last week. I'm still pretty weak since it's so hard to eat, but I walk out back to see her and she was under the run in with the other horses in her field. I yelled "hey, mom!" and she whipped her head up to walk to me, like "where have you been?!" I gave her a good brushing, but frankly, shouldn't have for my own good...but Z is so fat. LOL. I mean, not the fattest, but I'm so used to my skinny OTTBs, not a pony that noticeably gains weight in a week. :)
Anyway, today I went out when Bekkah said she was going to ride. Z is doing so well. She's still opinionated and sassy, but she is learning every day and getting more balanced every single ride. I can't wait to get back on her. I miss my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment