Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 10

I seriously can't believe I've already had this incredible girl in my life for ten days.
S&h e was so relaxed today. And I swear she was making fun of me as I struggled to get he r water tub out for it's daily washing. She's getting better and better every day with the (incredibly noisy) wheelbarrow when I clean out her stall. She's starting to not get so panicky at new things and she just watches it and let's it happen.
Since she's been so sensible, i asked Bekkah to come in and pet her. Z had never had two people in her stall before, let alone had anyone other than me touch her. She was a pro! Totally unfazed. Se sniffed around and snorted a little, but hardly flinched and didn't move herself anywhere! It's cool to see how far she's com in ten days, even if other people are already riding their mustangs. I'm so proud of her and of myself. Every little thing is so treasured because it's all firsts for both of us. I've never broken a horse on the ground, only in the tack. Everything I do is trial-and-error which means it might take me longer. I've noticed, though, that I learn more in an hour or two a day than I ever have in the same time with any other horse, even if I'm just laying in her stall with her.

2 comments:

  1. As my dad (Stefan) would say...whatever you can do on the ground you'll be able to do in the saddle so even though she's not under saddle yet, the ground work will just make her improve tremendously...Keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete