Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 4

Today was another amazing day with Baby Z. I went out to buy her a breakaway halter and came to the barn only to find she had knocked over her water tub from playing in it and her whole stall had to be stripped. The precious girl didn't even freak out when I came up with an exceptionally squeaky wheelbarrow and shoveled all the wet shavings and hay out. :)
I went right in when I was done with a body brush in hand. I pet her for a second and she didn't flinch when I started to brush her! I was so proud and she was behaving so well. I probably just brushed both sides (yes, she let me get to her other side today!) for over a half hour. I then decided to be daring and bring out the paddle brush for her mane and tail. She was a little wary of the noise, but once she got over that, she let me brush the length of her mane. By the way, her mane is so healthy and shiny and pin straight! Her tail, however was caked in mud, so I only brushed a section so she could hear the noise and feel me move her tail. I can now brush and rub from the pol, between her ears, all the way over the rest of her body (with the exception of her belly and the front of her back legs). I'm so excited to be getting this far after the long setback. :)

I'd like to say a quick thanks to everyone who reads this so faithfully already, and sorry it's up so late. Lol. (sorry, no pics today either)
Also, congrats to everyone who's getting to far so quickly with their mares!!

No comments:

Post a Comment