Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 5

So I was pretty distracted with some personal things today, so I tried to keep things simpler.
I just sat in her stall for a really long time, letting her sniff me and and the halter. I think it was good to have a day where she wasn't tempted to get angry.
After I felt a little better (the therapeutic nature of horses), I got the halter buckled around her neck and she didn't mind the jingling. Next, since I knew she wasn't so comfortable with me touching her face, I got the stick back out to work with he "trouble areas" She eventually let me rub over most of her face and her front legs with no problem. She wanted to kick quite a lot with her back legs, so there was a lot of touching her and then releasing the pressure. It ended up being a pretty good thing that she wasn't super comfortable. It started to teach her that she'll get rewarded for reacting in a calm manner. She's beginning to get that she can take her time figuring things out. There's no rush. She's just not allowed try to hurt whatever's unfamiliar or try to hurt me. She's getting it. Always slow and steady with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment