Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 19-22

Z has been making really, really great strides the last few days. She's doing so well.
I started lunging her with the line on, and the first few times she was an angel to the left, but not so good to her right (as has been typical of her training so far). She is learning whoa/stop and turning very well, leading forward is a bit confusing for her, but she's doing pretty well, considering.
She's definitely getting more social. She leaves her corner to kind of greet everyone who pulls in the driveway. It's crazy for me to think she was totally wild a few weeks ago. I watch her move and see so much potential as a sport horse. I literally couldn't afford a warmblood with her leg action. No one believes me, but in dressage, she'd get nines on her gaits at least. :)
Anyway, her lunging is really coming along, and today I pulled out the Iunge whip just to see if it could make her more consistent. And we took our first steps forward on the lead! She let me touch her face and rub all the hair off her forehead, too! When I finished with her, I brought the green ball back out and, though she still doesn't like it, she let it be and even walked pretty close to it after only a minute. I left it in "her corner" and i swear, she was glaring at me when I left. Silly, girl. :) She's getting noticeably better every day, even though I only get an hour (two, if I'm lucky) to play with her, and even that doesn't get to happen every day...
I can't wait for the semester to end so I can have pony time all the time! :)









1 comment:

  1. You've come such a long way with this beautiful creature. I'm proud of what you've done with Zonta.

    ReplyDelete