Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 3

Today was such a huge improvement over yesterday.
I tried a new method of trying to get close to her. I used a long stick to rub on her body. Once she accepted that, I left to go ride my horse.
I came back a few hours later and just sat and let her listen to me talk from outside the stall for a little. After a while, I put a Likit ball in there to stop her from chewing the wood. She loved it (even though it was empty, she could play with it on the wall). After that I went back in and started with the stick again. She really accepted it this time so I moved closer to her and I was finally able to rub my hand on her. She wasn't totally sure about it, but she let it happen. :) I couldn't have been more happy. I went in and out a few times without the stick and eventually she was okay with me coming right in to touch her whole body. Her legs and head are still pretty iffy, but I was so incredibly happy with how far she came in such a short time. I tried to get to her other side, but she stayed against the wall and I decided not to push it, and just finished with some well deserved scratches.
Things are looking up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment