Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 15-17

So now that Z is outside, she's had much more time to relax and grow more comfortable with her temporary home. She relies quite a bit on the calm disposition of the horses around her. We've done a lot of hanging around; taste-testing treats (to no avail...), eating grass by hand, and sniffing. Lots of sniffing. She's getting more social, though she's definitely still reserved, or maybe she just likes taking advantage of her little paddock versus her stall.
I've done a lot more stick work, which is definitely paying off in the form of long scratches for her and less movement for me. ;)
My favorite thing she has learned, by far, is how to free lunge close to me. She jogs around me, keeping an ear on me all the time, and turns to me as soon as I stop or ask her to turn around.
Today I got a small (maybe 2.5' or 3') lead onto her halter. She hates it. I gave her loads of grass and pats, but I think she just needs time to get herself used to it. She was calming down even before I left only minutes later. Here's hoping tomorrow will allow some lead work.
Okay. I'm SO sorry I haven't posted since FRIDAY. Worst blogger ever... Anyway. It just gets hard with two horses (and one or two that aren't mine) in training along with school, work, friends, and family. I really, really want to keep everyone updated daily, so I'll continue to do my best, regardless. (You'll just have to forgive any spelling/grammar mistakes on nights like tonight where I'm absolutely beat.) Thank you everyone for your support and everything. :)
P.S. I'm changing how the tshirts are going to work, I'm so sorry. I'll post full info tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment