Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 12

SUPER. EXCITING. DAY.
HALTER. IS. ON.
So now that I've lost all journalistic credibility from that introduction, yes. With help and encouragement from Caitlin and grass, Z has her halter on. It was a long, tedious process, but with the right rewards, everything went so smooth.
Grass seems to be the only handheld treat that she understands at this point and I'm truly grateful to Bekkah for coming out yesterday when I didn't feel well and showing her how to eat grass from people's hands.
I still can't get over how amazing it was. I had obviously decided to use a breakaway halter and made sure to purchase one that would adjust under her chin as well as over her head. I unbuckled the chin and unsnapped the throat latch and was able to just put it over her ears and slide it over so I could buckle everything up. She's such a good pony, but I've got to teach her how to take other treats. She doesn't understand peppermints and it super unsure about grain or carrots. Who know? Maybe apples will work. She just loves her some food. :)







2 comments: